Thursday, May 5, 2011

My creative space

I've started making a handmade pressie that has fastly become a new favourite of mine. Last week I made two of these herb baskets for birthday presents and today I made another for a house warming gift. 

I bought the basket from the op shop for 10c and then lined it with an old hessian bag that I had stored away. I filled it with some potting mixture and then added some beautiful smelling herbs. This basket includes rosemary, basil, chives, lettuce, corriander and parsley.

I whipped this up in no time and many of the herbs were pulled from my own vegie garden making it a really inexpensive exercise but full of love. 

For more creative spaces, head over here.

12 comments:

Makeminemidcentury said...

What a fabulous idea. I think that present will be loved by whomever's at the receiving end.

Brilliant idea! I've seen so many hokey baskets at Op Shops and wondered how they could be used!

Lyndel said...

oh that is an absolutely wonderful idea! thanks for sharing.

Unknown said...

I really love herbs too! A great gift idea!

mel @ loved handmade said...

That's such a beautiful housewarming gift idea, I love it!

Katie said...

What a lovely gift idea. I'd be really pleased to get one of those!

anyaadores said...

That's a great idea, and would make an awesome gift - I would adore receiving this.
A xoxox

Allana said...

What a fantastic and thrifty idea :)

polkadotpeticoat said...

I would love to receive this it will be so loved!
I have had to start a new blog formerly Bord and butik!

p h o t o g r a p h y said...

gorgeous idea!

Becca said...

They look stunning, kinda jealous, tempted to fake a birthday party and invite you round ;)

You clearly have some good thrifty shops near you, never anything good here :(

Anonymous said...

That is brillant ! I love it !

basket said...

Welcome to https://juulpods.org/,your number one electronic cigarette also known as e-cigarette among other names such as buy Juul Starter Kit, is a handheld battery-powered vaporizer that simulates smoking and provides some of the behavioral aspects of smoking, including the hand-to-mouth action of smoking, but without burning tobacco. buy juul pods online Store USA is stock with two of the most used e-cigars both national and international brands such as buy phix juul pods. Whether you are looking to buy juul online or buy PHIX online, or want to shop for cheap juul pods online, buy juul silicone case for sale, Juul Pods Online Store is here to provide you with just what you need. We strive to be the best online vape shop and offer only the best of the best.